Ensuring Your Comfort During Your Procedure
During your procedure, you will be under IV sedation. You will likely not feel any pain or experience the feeling of the procedure. Our trained team members will be by your side before, during, and after your procedure to ensure you receive the best care.
How to Prepare
- Please do not eat or drink anything for at least 8 hours before your IV sedation. This includes food, water, candy, mints, or gum.
- Be sure to make arrangements for someone to remain at the office during the time of your procedure. They will not be able to leave the building until your procedure is complete. This person will also need to drive you home, as you will not be permitted to operate a motor vehicle following IV sedation.
- If you normally wear contacts, we ask you wear your glasses the day of the procedure.
- Please arrive wearing a short-sleeved shirt.
- After your procedure, you will recover in our state-of-the-art recovery room, where you will be monitored to ensure your safety. We will discuss recovery tips and what to expect with you and your trusted family member, or friend, who has accompanied you to your appointment. We will be available to answer any questions you may have and will send you home with a recovery kit, which includes printed recovery instructions.
- Did we mention ice cream? After your procedure we provide you with gourmet ice cream to enjoy while you recover!